Monday, May 2, 2011

After the capture of Osama, American citizens as well as the world, felt all different sorts of feelings at once. While some were scared, others decided to celebrate. Personally, I felt a little strange celebrating, since we often see in the media Arabs celebrating the murder of Jewish blood. It is upsetting as Jews when photos are shown of candy being thrown around and celebrations taking place. In this following video, it shows the worlds reaction and the media presenting the mark of Osama’s death as a party. Do you think that the reaction is appropriate since we as Jews understand the severity of celebrating ones death?
Link: http://video.foxnews.com/#/v/4673477/international-reaction-to-bin-ladens-death-/?playlist_id=87485

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I think yes Osama needed to be killed, but I don't think people should celebrate his death. I think it was something that needed to be done but that's it.

    ReplyDelete